Developing a new device is hard. So is taking that device to production. However, we see numerous examples of companies devoting all of their time to development, and none to answering the important questions that are raised as one approaches production, such as:
- What is my factory process?
- How is the base OS updated so as to remain secure?
- How is my own software updated?
- How is the device recovered if an update goes wrong?
To answer these and other questions, we’re hosting a webinar on how to build a commercial robot with open source, going from prototype to production. Kyle Fazzari, Canonical’s resident roboticist will be hosting this webinar where we’ll discuss:
- The challenges of commercialising robots
- Using ROS in your production code
- Build security in from the get go with snaps and Ubuntu Core
- Continuously deliver new features and updates without the cold sweat
Topic: Building a commercial robot with open source
Date: Wednesday 26th of July
Time: 16.00 UTC